Monday, May 25, 2009

 
Sharon and I watched "Changling" this weekend. Pretty good movie about a rough subject matter. I thought the performance by the bad guy was outstanding and I hope he got nominated for an award as a supporting actor. I also thought the older kid from Canada also deserved acknowledgement for his performance.

There was a line in the movie by Christine Collins where she told the shrink "F**k you and the horse you rode in on". The movie setting was in the late 20's and early 30's. That was a line that was popular when I was in High school. The expression made it for at least 30 years, I don't know if Petie or Joey were aware of the saying or not. I just shorted it and simply said "And the horse you rode in on". Every one knew the full expression. I am sure I always used in it jokingly, probably just on my friends. I have only been in one fight in my life...I believe I have stated this in an earlier blog.

The only other saying that apparently has survived the test of time is "cool". Or at least I have heard Joey use it. Probably a few of the others have survived, but I would not know it.

Comments:
Cool is such a useful expression. Are we cool? Everything is cool. Etc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?