Thursday, June 19, 2008

 

Out of the mouths of babes

Today was Thursday, Library day with Joelle. I rolled up to "Cheers" at 2:10 PM. I call Petie and Chris's house "Cheers" because of some lyrics from the old sitcom "Cheers". This is the part of the theme song I base it on:

Sometimes you want to go
where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be
where you can see, our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows Your name.

Today was special, Lil' Lisie Bear had finished her nap, so Petie and Lisie could go too. We arrived at the library, got two tickets to see the show (one for Joelle and one for Lisie) and had time for Joelle to read a couple of books, Petie was trying to read to Lisie, but she just wanted to motor. Joelle finished one book and most of another, despite being pestered by two girls who wanted her books.

The show was dumb, in my opinion, but Joelle said she liked it. It was some woman singing about an opera singing dog or something like that. Lisie was motoring the entire time. She always has the most beautiful smile. She came over to me several times and I was so proud that everyone noticed what beautiful grandchildren I have. Petie and Lisie were in and out of the room a couple of times and Joelle always looks around several times to make sure I am still there. She knows I am very protective of her, but she doesn't know I would not dare leave her in the room because there is more than one way out. She may check a couple of times to make sure I am still there, but I almost never take my eyes off of her so I know she is still in her place.

Joelle read two books after the show but still wanted to read more. Lisie was ready to go. Petie made the great suggestion of checking out the books so Joelle could read them at home. We would be back within two weeks to return the books. A thunder shower was in progress when we left and I almost dove on the curb in front of the library for a quick boarding because of the lightning.

Traffic was not bad yet, so we got back home fairly quickly. Joelle and Lisie were both snacking on Lisie's pop corn when Lisie climbed onto my lap for a short time. Joelle told me that Lisie wanted to go with us because she loves me. Wow, what a compliment! I told Joelle that I loved Lisie and her very much too. Joelle than told me I was the best Poppy she ever knew. I know I am the ONLY Poppy she has ever known, but I have never had a better gift than that. I also know that I am not at the same level as Nana, but she has earned her place in the lofty heights of admiration. However, she dearly loves what she has done to accomplish those metals.

I love it Cheers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?