Friday, February 23, 2007

 

Keep them in their place!

I love Wednesdays. As I have stated before, Sharon picks up Joelle after school, stops by McDonalds for a happy meal, drives to our house where I have already tuned in to Blues Clues. Another classic took place Wednesday, two weeks ago.

Joelle was eating her happy meal while watching Blues Clues. I was sitting in my chair watching the TV with her. Sharon was in the kitchen getting something to eat, when she yelled out a very loud "Oh no, shoot"! First, I guess I should say the Sharon and Petie both have the same habit. They will scream very loudly and you rush in expecting to see blood rushing from a gash inflicted by a knife, scissor or some other dangerous implement; requiring a rapid trip to the emergency room. However, when you get to them, they have either dropped a piece some milk on the floor or something else not worth even a sigh, let alone a blood curdling scream. Any way, Joelle rushed into the kitchen, asking "what happened"? Sharon explained she had spilled some garlic butter on the floor. She went on to explain that I had put the butter, left over from pizza, in the fridge and she had meant to throw it away earlier. Joelle ran back into the living room where I was sitting, Blues Clues still on the TV. Moose A Moose is my favorite. She stopped, glared at me, hands on hips, and said "it’s your fault Poppy"!

Joelle has already learned that she has to help Nana keep me in line.

Comments:
Many a time I have run across the house to view the carnage of whatever horrible accident has occurred only to find a slice of orange on the kitchen floor.

Based on seeing Joelle react to situations, I think it is an inherited trait.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?